HOME VALUE ESTIMATE
Determining a list price is one of the most important factors in selling your home. Our Home Value Estimator is good at providing rough estimates based upon historical sales data.
EXAMPLE FOR CONDOMINIUMS: 325 ANYWHERE ST UNIT 231, HONOLULU, HI
We understand that selling your home can be a stressful experience. Let us help you every step of the way!
- Prepare your home for sale because it's VERY important to make it look its best. This means decluttering, cleaning, and making any necessary repairs. You may also want to consider staging your home, which means arranging furniture and décor in a way that makes your home look more appealing to buyers. How important is preparing? Sometimes just a few tweeks here and there can make all the difference in how long a property waits for an offer and how much is being offered. Realty Isle has years of experience in presenting homes in their best light. From staging to coordinating repairs, we're here to help.
- Market your home. We will list your home on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and market it with every effort to maximize its visibility in the marketplace. We use a variety of marketing channels to reach potential buyers, including online listings, print ads, and open houses.
- Realty Isle will photograph every property, highlighting its best features.
- Every listing comes with a 360° walkthrough, so potential buyers can virtually explore the property from the comfort of their home or on their mobile device. This feature is a valuable tool for buyers who are unable to visit the property in person, and it can help them to get a better sense of the space before making an offer.
- To create a 360° walkthrough, we use a special camera that takes pictures of the property in all directions. These pictures are then stitched together to create a virtual tour that can be viewed on a computer or mobile device. The tour allows buyers to see the property from every angle, and it can help them to get a better sense of the layout, size, and condition of the home.
- We believe that 360° walkthroughs are an important part of the home buying process, and we are committed to providing our clients with the best possible tools to help them find the perfect home.
- Show your home. Once your home is listed, buyers will start scheduling showings, in the majority of cases, through their agents. It's important to be prepared for showings by keeping your home clean and tidy.
- Review offers. Once you've received an offer(s), we will review them with you and discuss the positives and negatives of each.
- Escrow and contract management. Once an offer has been accepted, it's time to open escrow (a neutral third party). Typical closings in Hawaii can range from 30 to 60 days (45 days is most common). During the escrow period, there are a multitude of contingencies that must be satisfied before your property closes and funds are transferred. Some common contingencies in a home purchase contract in Hawaii include:
- Home inspection contingency: This contingency allows the buyer to back out of the contract if the home inspection reveals any major problems. It is usually after this contingency has been fulfilled that an additional deposit is provided into escrow from the Buyer.
- Seller's disclosure contingency: This contingency allows the buyer to back out of the contract if the seller fails to disclose any known defects in the home. The time frame is usually 10 to 14 days from the acceptance of the date of the contract acceptance. It is important for a Seller to fulfill this obligation as thoroughly as possible.
- Financing contingency: This contingency allows the buyer to back out of the contract if they are unable to obtain financing.
- Appraisal contingency: This contingency allows the buyer to back out of the contract if the home appraises for less than the purchase price.
- Termite Inspection contingency
- Condominium documentation contingency: This contingency allows the buyer to back out of the contract if they are not comfortable with the results of their condo documentation review.
It is important to note that not all contingencies are created equal. Some contingencies, such as the financing contingency, are more common than others. It is also important to remember that contingencies and their time frames to accomplish them can be negotiated between the buyer and seller.
- Funding and Closing: In Hawaii, funding from the buyer must be provided to escrow no later than two (2) days prior to the scheduled closing date. On the day of closing, proceeds (if any) can be issued to you via electronic wire or check (mailed or picked up).
If you are looking to sell your home in Hawaii, we invite you to contact Realty Isle today. We are honored to have the opportunity to help you achieve your real estate goals, just as we have for many others before you.